ABOUT ORTHOPAEDIC DEPARTMENT
Modern lifestyle and increased human life expectancy have made musculoskeletal disorders a daily problem and an integral part of our lives.
In a modern Day Care Unit such as YODA, the Orthopaedic Health department could not be but an integral part, providing luxury health services affordably in an environment modelled on the Swiss standards.
The Orthopaedic Department of YODA is designed and organized in such a way that covers a wide range of ORTHOPAEDIC Pathology, including the diagnosis and treatment of all musculoskeletal disorders: from developmental and congenital skeletal disorders to traumas, degenerative diseases such as arthritis and metabolic bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
This department also puts a special emphasis on Hand Surgery – Upper limb and Microsurgery, as a variety of upper limb disorders can be successfully and surgically treated – if the doctor recommends it – in an immediate and reliable way, without having to stay in hospital.
Some of the invasive procedures that can be performed with light sedation (conscious sedation) and local anaesthesia, within YODA, concern:
• Upper limb compressive neuropathies (carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow, radial nerve entrapment, etc.)
• Tenosynovitis of the hand (De Quervain syndrome, Trigger finger, etc.)
• Lateral epicondylitis
• Mallet finger, boutonnière and swan neck deformity
• Ganglia and tumours of the hand
• Nervous, vascular and upper limb tendons cross sections/injuries
• Dupuytren disease